My Favorite Places: Caspersen & Home

 

One of my favorite locations that I'd love to share with you is Caspersen Beach. Caspersen is one of my favorite places because first, I absolutely LOVE the ocean (if I could go every day, trust me I would), and second, this beach is loaded with beautiful scenery and tons of shark teeth! If you bring a skimmer or some type of sifting device, you can search the sand for shark teeth all day long. This specific beach is located near Venice, Florida, which is known for being the shark tooth capital of the United States!


My second favorite place to be is home with my friends and family. I don't get to see my family very often since they live in a different state; therefore, I consider this to be one of my favorite places. Home is where I make amazing memories and I get to relax and be myself while I'm surrounded by the people I love. To summarize what I'm trying to say with some famous words from Dorothy Gale, "There's no place like home"!

(Personal family photo taken during the summer of 2020 in Key West, Florida.)

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, Erin, shark teeth: how eerie and also exciting. Now I'm thinking that maybe you could do a Storybook all about shark stories. Can you believe no one has done that before? And of course WHEREVER there are sharks, there are legends about sharks, because they are a kind of fish that definitely inspires people to tell stories about them. How cool that would be! I don't think I'd want to meet a real shark... but I would be very curious to read stories about them. I was working on Caribbean legends for part of this summer, and there were sharks in there! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts