My Three Storybook Favorites

 Story 1: The Underworld Examiner

Within this first Storybook, I was captivated by the narration from Hermes' point of view. When I was a child, I used to read a bunch of Greek mythology (mostly because of my fascination with the Percy Jackson series); therefore, I was already familiar with Hermes, Zeus, Tartarus, and the other Greek mythology aspects that were mentioned in this story. Not only did the author write from a very unique point of view, but the author created a beautiful web page for their Storybook as well. I originally thought that this Storybook was made on a professional web page because of the detail that was put into it and the way that the images flow on the page. Overall, I really liked reading this Storybook, especially from Hermes' point of view concerning the deaths (and afterlives) of Ixion, Eurydice, and Tantalus!

Story 2: Flood Myths

This second Storybook really caught my attention because I have never heard of flood myths before. After clicking on this story, I quickly realized that it was a type of "chose your own fate" story with multiple choice options and different endings depending on what you chose. Another fantastic thing that captured my attention was the decoration of the page with images of floods and blue colors which made me feel like I was underwater. Besides the really neat visual effects, I did not think that the Storybook title really gave me any indication of what I was about to read. I thought the choice option within the story was super cool; however, I have never heard of Deucalion or Utnapishtim and I felt very unprepared when I entered their stories!

Story 3: The Supernatural Creature Laboratory

(The Headless Hessian, also known from legend as the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow. Image found in Storybook with section pertaining to the Headless Hessian)

This third Storybook has to be my absolute favorite. While the website itself looked dark and mysterious, the narrator was friendly and straightforward when it came to what was going to happen and why my group of scientists was in the Supernatural Creature Laboratory. I was captivated by the types of creatures I discovered within the lab. Some of these creatures, like the Egungun, I had never heard of before; therefore, I was shocked (yet still oddly fascinated) with the legends surrounding these creatures. My favorite part of this Storybook was the ending when the Hessian was classified as the most dangerous creature yet he escaped his section of the facility. The author kept you on your toes and I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Overall, I absolutely loved this Storybook! 

Comments

Popular Posts