Changing Your Mindset Feedback Thoughts

 

Representation of the same female with different thoughts taking over her mind in each slide.

    The first article I read was Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head. This article emphasized the importance of silencing the negative echo in your head that always tells you that you're going to fail. By telling us the story of Rajeev, a man who changed his mindset from negative feedback to positive feedback, the author really reached their crowd. I liked this article so much because the author used a real life example of something that probably happens to a lot of us each day. By explaining how Rajeev changed his mindset, the author enables us to begin to change our own as well.

    The second article I read was Why rejection hurts so much. This article stated some things I never knew about rejection. For example, I did not know that when you are rejected, it hurts so bad because the same areas in our brain that respond to physical pain also respond to rejection. So basically, rejection is physically painful for people. While it is true that rejection is harsh, it is even more known that the worst part of rejection is how we talk ourselves down after experiencing it. We call ourselves names and think about all of our shortcomings instead of moving on and chalking everything up to experience. I really liked this article because it stated certain things that I did not know before, plus it explained our physiological response to rejection (which I thought was really cool). I think this article explained things very well!

    Overall, I think feedback occurs in everyone's minds at all times. It i not a choice whether you automatically think of negative versus positive feedback; however, with training, you could begin to change a negative mindset into a positive one. With some useful tips (especially the ones in these articles), I believe it is possible to begin the journey to change one's mental feedback.

Comments

Popular Posts