Storybook Plan

 Some story sources that I want to include for my background research are the Brother's Grimm stories of Rumpelstiltskin, which are the original ones. Next, I think I also want to include Wikipedia background on Rumpelstiltskin such as where he is from and how his name came about. I would also like to use The Story of Rumpelstiltskin, which is a very good source to give me an idea of why he is such a bitter little man. I want to include Rumpelstiltskin's life before meeting the witch and his journey to see her as one episode, the curse the witch puts on the young boy which makes him Rumpelstiltskin and the tasks he now has to do for her as the second episode, and retelling the original version of Rumpelstiltskin to make him seem like a helper who doesn't really want to steal the maiden's baby as the third episode. I may include some information about the maiden setting him free from the curse by saying his name in either the third episode or adding a fourth episode instead. I m planning on telling this story in third person as a narrator who "witnessed" the life of poor Rumpelstiltskin. It will be like telling the story of a friend's past life. The main idea or message I want to get across to my readers is that not everything should be taken at face value. You never know what may have happened in someone's life to make them the way that they are; therefore, you cannot judge a book by its cover. Overall, I am very excited to start this project!


Comments

Popular Posts