Week 2 Reading Overview


Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Adam and Eve 

Week 4: Cupid and Psyche

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5:  Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Persian/Sinbad

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: West Africa

Week 9: China

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Apache

Week 11: Marriage Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12:  Robin Hood

Week 13: More English Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14:  Hunt

Week 15: Czech

An old drawing/painting of Cinderella with her fairy godmother. I chose this image because it looks like an older painting of one of my favorite European fairy tales.

The unit I am most excited about reading this semester is the European unit. The stories within this unit are stories that I grew up hearing from my parents and reading myself. Fairly tales such as Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, and Rumpelstiltskin are stories that I would love to read about again. Another thing I am interested in is old mythology and heroes. A lot of the readings I chose this semester involved heroes or battles among mythology characters; therefore, I am excited to learn more about these things. Overall, I am super excited to learn more about mythology from different regions this semester!

Comments

Popular Posts