Famous Last Words: Surviving Mythology

 

Star Wars version of finals week!


Well, it is finally the end of the semester and the official last day of Mythology and Folklore! I did not know I would make it this far honestly, I was struggling during midterms to find the strength to do any work whatsoever, but I am glad I was able to push through and achieve a decent grade through the extra credit available in this class. All semester, I have struggled with some returning symptoms of my mental illness and a lot of other personal stress (finding a place to live, a bad breakup, my parents moving states, etc.), and I gave up on doing schoolwork for a couple weeks. This class was not a priority to me, and I feel terrible about this now. School and grades are my main focus, and I let that slip away from me in a time of high personal stress. I feel as though I have learned my lesson in the long run. I cannot always let personal issues get in the way of what is important overall. Sometimes it is better to set aside the personal issues you are experiencing and do something normal, such as routine school work. Hopefully, by utilizing the extra credit in this class, I can come out of this experience with at least a B. Overall, I really enjoyed this class. I thought it was very interactive between students and the teacher, plus there were tons of opportunities to fix your work and do better next time, which I liked a lot. It was not as stressful as some other classes either since there were no exams. The writing helped me better my writing skills and broaden my knowledge over mythology in general; therefore, I am very glad I had the chance to experience this class. I loved it!

Comments

Popular Posts