StoryLab Mythology Crash Course

 

Photo of all different kinds of mythology and folklore stories.
Image from Arch Daily.

This week, I decided to do a storylab instead of writing a story. I watched the 3 different mythology Crash Course videos which discussed what mythology means, different components of mythology, and history of mythology. Personally, I usually love watching Crash Course videos because they are super informative. These videos kind of sounded repetitive over the long run; however, I feel like I have learned a lot, especially about the different components that go into writing a mythological story. First, there is always a hero that has some sort of conflict. This hero usually has a revelation or an older mentor that pushes them toward their journey, then a task that they encounter along their journey toward the resolution. A lot of the components that the speaker talked about were things that I have noticed within our readings this semester. I liked seeing the different mythology histories and knowing that people wrote these fantasy worlds out of the blue one day. I already knew what mythology was, so the first video did not really inform me of anything that I did not already know, but I still really enjoyed watching these Crash Course videos. The illustrations and information provided overall was amazing, and I feel like I learned something more from watching these things!

Comments

Popular Posts